Friday, July 2, 2010

The Big Chop

I really hate my hair.

I hate it when its in braids

I hate it when its pressed

I hate it when its wrapped up

I just really cant stand it.


I think my problem is that I dont know what to do with it. When I look up different styles they always either involve weaves or thick natural hair. Unfortunately, my hair is pretty thin and looks ridiculous when not pressed out. I dont like weaves and will never wear one (it's just not my "thing")...The only time I semi-like my hair is when it's in a geled up ponytail. For some odd reason I feel the most confident with that style....I really want to grow my hair out, but cant figure how to go about doing it without getting braids (which i dont want), doing a braid out (which looks ridiculous on me) or -the most drastic of them all- chopping off my hair.


I think I'm gonna go with the latter. Like i said earlier, I'm the most confident with my slicked back and out of my face. Chopping my hair will also allow me to basically start from scratch. I can regrow my hair in a very healthy way, and hopefully get it nice and thick (and long)....I wouldnt get a fade or make it too short. Just a little afro on top of my head. lol

I've decided to wait until after I graduate. I really want to make sure that I'm making a good decision. And not just doing it because it's "in" or out of boredom. So yeah...

These are the women that have some-what inspired me to chop it off (hence why I'm waiting a year to do it...gotta make sure I'm not just following the trend):














I want to keep it healthy so it can grow and become a beautiful thick afro like this:




No comments: