Monday, November 15, 2010

Technology

So I'm sitting in the library meeting with my group tonight, and one of my group members says something very interesting. He looks around and says something to the effect of " wow, look at all these books. in a few years theyll be obsolete. We can do all our research and everything online." Another member shakes her head in agreement and says "yeah, i havent had to actually use a book for research since high school. my teacher made us all use an actual book, no internet."

As I sat there and listened to their conversation, I couldn't help but think about how I would feel if books were all of a sudden obsolete, and reading online was officially the norm.

I personaly don't like that idea. I love books. As wonderful as technology, and the internet, is, nothing beats being able to open a new (or old) book and having the ability to let your mind run free....



But yeah. I don't really know where I was going with this. I guess I just figured I'd share. lol

No comments: