Saturday, December 11, 2010

I really want to decorate my room. I have a about 3 posters and other little things adorning my walls, but I want a little more. I bought some letters to stick on my walls from the Dollar Tree and I decided that I was gonna use them to write out a poem on my closet door. But now I cant figure out what poem to do. I have three in mind (all by Langston Hughes of course. lol) Here they are:

1. Not What Was

By then the poetry is written
and the wild rose of the world
blooms to last so short a time
before its petals fall.
The air is music
and its melody a spiral
until it widens
beyond the tip of time
and so is lost
to poetry and the rose -


2. Dreams

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.


3. Youth

We have tomorrow
Bright before us
Like a flame.

Yesterday
A night-gone thing,
A sun-down name.

And dawn-today
Broad arch above the road we came.

We march!



Ugh. Such a difficult decision....

No comments: