Saturday, January 15, 2011

I am NOT Better

I have a tendency to think I'm "better" than some people. I've been through a lot in my life, but was also blessed with parents who helped me to accomplish alot. As hard as I try not to, I sometimes look down on people. But it's never on purpose, and whenever I realize I'm doing it, I immediately try to derail that train of thought. I feel like that as human beings we tend to automatically look down upon one another. But what we all, including myself, need to realize is that just because some of us were blessed with certain opportunities that allowed us to live "successful" lives (at least according to societal norms), that doesnt mean that those who arent as blessed aren't just as great. Anywho, I'm only writing this because I'm always trying to better myself and when I notice something about my personality that I don't particularly like, or something that I wouldnt like if it were done by someone else, I always try to analyze it and figure out how I can go about changing it. It's all apart of my journey to become a more mature individual...

No comments: