Sunday, January 23, 2011

*So, technically this is the last day of the poetry week. The poems I shared aren't the best in my arsenal, but they all mean a lot to me. I have so many poems that I would like to get off my chest, so Ive decided to keep on posting. It wont be everyday. Just whenever I feel the urge to share... Write on folks! lmao (that should soo be my new "thing"...)


Apparently people my age
Are supposed to all act the same
We’re supposed to party all night
And drink the days away.
I’m sorry that I chose to think for myself
And follow my own path.
Sorry that I chose to do what I want
And not be swayed by the actions, motives, and thoughts of others
Sorry that this time
I chose to do me
And live my own life.
But I’ll be sure
To walk blindly behind my peers
In my next lifetime.


--Angela

No comments: