Tuesday, February 1, 2011

So I woke up this morning (well, yesterday morning) feeling really down, and although I don't want to talk about what was bothering me (i have another post for that) i feel I must share something that has been in my head for a very long time, and really helped me get through this day and others.

A few weeks back some things happened with a relative of mine and he ended up in the hospital. He called me up and me and my sister, who was in town at the moment, went to check up on him. While we were there, we had a little talk with him and my sister said something that has been stuck with me ever since. She said "stop worrying about what you don't have, and start being thankful for what you do have."

Think about that for a second. I've been thinking about it long and hard. It's such a simple statement, yet carries sooo much value.

We're forever walking around complaining about how we can't pay this and how we don't have that and blablabla and we seem to lose sight of those things that we are blessed with.

So today, I'm making an attempt to change. Today instead of complaining about what I don't possess, I'm gonna speak praise for what I DO have.

I DO have a roof over my head
I DO have a job
I DO have a family that cares for me
I DO have parents who work very hard to make sure I never go without
I DO have a car
I DO have an education
I DO have clothes on my back and shoes on my feet
I DO have food in my house
I DO have some good people in my life
I DO have only 4 more months until I get my college degree
I DO have faith in the Lord
And I DO have a bright future ahead of me

I am extremely blessed! Despite my past and the devils many attempts to pull me down, I'm making it. I may not have everything I want, but I DO have everything I need, and so much more! For every don't in my life, there's about 3 DO's and for that I am so thankful.

I DO love the Lord. I DO love myself and my family. and I DO plan on being more thankful and less pitiful from now on!!!

No comments: