Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Words to Live By

I stumbled across this quote today, and have officially decided it is what I will now live by.



"Life is too short to be shy."



Simple, yet VERY relevant!!!

I need to stop being so damn shy. It's funny that I came across this cause I was just thinking of reasons why I'm so quiet. I came to the conclusion that I'm just afraid of being judged. I know that I'm not interested in a lot of things that people my age fawn over. I realize that I think different than most. I've come to accept that I'm attracted to things that aren't necessarily what everyone else likes. But instead of relishing in the fact that I'm different, I cower in the thought of those differences causing people to judge me.

I don't fear not being liked. I don't care that I'm different. I just don't want to be judged. I don't talk because I feel like people won't understand what I'm trying to say. Fear that I won't know how to effectively articulate my thoughts. Which in turn, will get me judged. i shouldn't care. It's wierd cause I don't care about the end result. If you don't like me, so be it. If you think I'm odd, good for you. But don't judge me. The whole thing makes no sense.

But like the quote says, life is too short. Too short for me to be afraid that people won't get me. Too short to expect people not to judge me. Too short to be shy....

No comments: