Thursday, March 10, 2011



I just realized that I used to be so freaking insecure, but I didn't even know it. I wouldn't look in the mirror and think about how much I hate myself, but I would dream about having better skin, long hair, just dream and wish that I was everything that I was not. I didn't like me, let alone love me. I over compensated. Always had to have name-brand clothes, nice new shoes, designer purse, and a fresh press. I alone was not good enough. I needed something else. I had eczema, so I couldn't wear makeup. So instead, I flocked to accessories. A whole bunch of bangles, cute earrings, rings, all of it. I needed them to distract others as well as myself, from the person that I loathed.

Now that I'm older, I love me. My chocolate skin, thick hair, almond shaped eyes, plump lips, nice legs, gorgeous breast, beautiful smile, cute nose, shapely legs, gut, no butt, and everything else about me, I L-O-V-E! It feels so good to look in the mirror and truly love what you see. To day dream, and see yourself just as you are. To take a picture of myself and not immediately edit the hell out of it. To wear accessories, not to distract, but to enhance. To wear clothes that I love and look good in, and not hiding behind jackets and loose tee's.

I'm happy and I love myself. And it feels so damn goood! =)

1 comment:

Poetic Traveler said...

i love this post I may have to do one myself.