Thursday, March 17, 2011

So last week I had an interview for an internship opportunity. I applied for the internship in like November, and didn't here back from them until two/three weeks ago. I went to the interview not really wanting the position. I mean, if I were to actually to get it, I would only be there for a about two months. So I was just kind of over it before I went there. But to my surprise, I actually had a really good interview. So good that not only did I convince them that I would be a good fit for their internship program, but I also convinced myself that I was actually interested in working yet another job whilst finishing up my last semester.

But of course, that didn't last long. A few days ago, they sent me an email detailing an assignment that I’m supposed to do as part of their second interviewing process.

o_0. I was just like wtf. I haven’t even started my project(s) for my classes. I’m not going out of my way to do that.

As much as I would LOVE to gain some extra experience (as well as an extra paycheck), I just don’t think it’s worth it. The “assignment” is due by the 21st. They won’t contact us until a week after letting us know whether or not we got the internship. Assuming they did hire me, I wouldn’t be starting until sometime in April. My ass graduates in May! I’m not going to stress myself out trying to keep up with all this stuff in my last two months of school. Screw that. I’d rather just change my spending habits so that my lifestyle fits my income and deal with it. In two months, I’ll be back with my parents, eating all they food. So I’ll just take my little experience, degree having self out there and worry later. For now, I’m chilling…

I'm flattered by the offer though. =)

No comments: